At First Presbyterian Church of Bakerstown, we believe spiritual growth is part of the Christian life and being in a Journey Group is one way to help facilitate that growth.
Journey Groups at FPCB follow Christ’s model of discipleship, coming together regularly to follow Jesus, to grow in Him through His word and Spirit, and to make disciples through outreach and service to our church and community.
The Purpose of Journey Groups is to:
· Seek a deeper relationship with Christ
· Be unified while following Jesus, growing together and making disciples
· Bond in intimate sacrificial relationships
· Support one another as we journey together
· Utilize our spiritual gifts by serving together and being a part of something bigger than ourselves
· Multiply our groups with the purpose of making new disciples
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us."
[Hebrews 12 :1]